Japonica Cottage is a beautiful thatched, three bedroom self-catering cottage located in the forest hamlet of Bank nr Lyndhurst. From the cottage you can walk to the pub for a sumptuous meal and then go in either direction and find forest trails for bike riding or walking to remove the calories.
Key Facts at a glance
On arrival you will find:
All beds made up with towels provided (except beach towels)
Welcome pack for your first drink on arrival
Basic cleaning products (Hand wash, 2 x toilet rolls, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, J-cloths and scourer)
Three reasons for staying at Japonica Cottage:
* Beautiful thatched property with all the traditional forest cottage features you would expect - this includes fairly steep steps up to the first floor.
* Versatile accommodation for family holidays
* Walking distance of forest trails and traditional pub
* Secure off road parking for up to three cars
* Delightful grounds with patio and seating for al-fresco eating
* Lovely summerhouse in the grounds with comfortable seating
Relaxing, Sleeping, Living
* Beamed cottage lounge with sofa and armchairs for TV viewing and dining area with dining table and six chairs (with two other chairs available). Garden room with sofa bed and chairs.
* Upstairs Master bedroom with kingsize bed, upstairs single bedroom with guest bed under, downstairs twin bedroom with guest beds under, garden room with high quality sofa bed. Travel cot available.
* Electric range style hob and double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, hairdryer, ironing board and iron.
Please note the returnable cautionary deposit for this property has been set at £200.00.
Short Breaks may be available out of peak season times, please contact us with your requirements on 01590 622449
Japonica Cottage - July 2018
Romantic thatched cottage, good kitchen, big garden and nearby walking routes. Everything is well kept and very clean.
Located on a quiet lane, detached with fabulous garden you feel a million miles from everyone but actually only a short drive to all the New Forest areas of interest. The furnishings and kitchenware are of a very high standard, the house whilst having all the benefits of a modern home retains so many original features a real fairytale cottage, I and my family are eager to return.
Thatched cottage with a wonderful sense of history
Holiday taken July 2020
5 star rated
A Perfect Cottage in the heart of the New Forest
Japonica Cottage is a beautiful 1650's thatched cottage with a wonderful sense of history. The old part is very well preserved but it also has the advantage of the addition of a separate large lounge, lovely bathroom and third bedroom.
Set in a small hamlet, forest ponies stroll in the lane, while forest walks can be taken direct from the door. In summer it is a joy to eat in the garden but it's great to visit in Autumn and Winter as well - a firm favourite. There is also a pub within a short walking distance.
Angela Wood - returning visitor