Meadow Lodge is the ideal holiday home for larger groups of friends or family to enjoy. The property is also disabled friendly which means there are lots of useful additions for the less mobile to make coming away from home that bit easier.
Please click on link below to view the Accessibility Statement for this property.
Key Facts at a glance
On arrival you will find:
All beds made up with towels provided (except beach towels)
Welcome pack for your first drink on arrival
Basic cleaning products (Hand wash, 2 x toilet rolls, kitchen roll. washing-up liquid, J-cloths and scourer)
Three reasons for staying at Meadow Lodge:
* Within a five minute drive to the open forest and ten minutes to the coast
* Walking distance to a local pub recommended by previous guests as well as 'Friends of the Disabled' nature reserve
* Safe, secure garden for children and pets with space for al-fresco dining
* Secure off road parking for up to 4 cars - drive with shared right of way
* Ground floor bedroom and wetroom ideal for guests who find stairs difficult
* Secure bike storage available
* Wi-fi available
Relaxing, Sleeping, Living
* Spacious lounge with corner sofa, separate sofa and oversized armchair for two for watching TV and enjoying the open fire when needed. Large conservatory off the lounge complete with table and four chairs ideal for additional seating area for playing of board games or reading with cantilevered doors giving access to the garden. Ground floor wetroom with shower, upstairs family bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle.
* Ground floor twin bedded room, first floor 2 x single bedded rooms, one bunk bedded room with single guest bed under, one double bedded room, further double bedded room with ensuite shower room and access to balcony overlooking front garden. Travel cot available for guests use.
* Large well equipped kitchen and dining area to seat up to 12 people complete with high chair. Gas range style hob, double ovens, dishwasher, microwave, separate fridge and freezer, overflow fridge freezer in dining area, small table top drinks fridge. Ground floor WC/Utility room with washing machine and tumble drier. Ironing board, iron and hairdryer also supplied.
A non-refundable admin charge of £50.00 is applied to each booking.
Please note the returnable cautionary deposit for this property has been set at £200.00.
Short Breaks may be available out of peak season times, please contact us with your requirements on 01590 622449
We booked Meadow Lodge for a family reunion comprising five adults and three children. On arrival the property was spotless and in good condition. There were sufficient bedrooms upstairs to cater for us all, which left the downstairs bedroom unused. We were a bit wary about there only being two bathrooms but it was never an issue. Downstairs there was a nice big lounge with a TV and a pile of DVDs. Also downstairs was a very large well equipped kitchen and dining room easily capable of catering for ten people. A large conservatory at the back of the house was what we used for all meals and it led out into a large back garden, which was ideal for the children. On the patio there was a gas barbecue. I'm not sure whose responsibility it was but the gas bottle was empty and part of the barbecue had been badly burned and charred. A short walk from Meadow Lodge is a childrens playground and just across the road from there is the New Forest and loads of long walks through lovely scenery. During our stay we visited Lepe Park, which was nearby and great for the children. We also spent a day at Milford on Sea, which was very nice and not at all crowded despite it being Bank Holiday weekend. Mention has been made by other visitors about how nice the pub at the end of the road was and all I can say is that we must have caught them on a bad day!! Overall we had an excellent holiday and would like to extend our thanks to New Forest Holiday Lets who couldn't have been more helpful with the booking.
Great for all ages
We stayed here for a week again (our second visit) Our assorted ages were 2-69. Good for my disabled husband a wheelchair user. Loads of space in house & garden- the kids loved the trampoline especially Great family friendly pub " Glen' very close by- Also "The Heath" nice pub but no play area We'll definitely be back next year ?
Spacious and well equipped
This house is really spacious, with a huge kitchen, really large table, so on Xmas day all our guests could sit at the table. We found the WiFi to be perfectly adequate, despite being warned that it may not be any good. One unexpected negative though was very poor phone connection. My mobile was with the O2 network and I was not able to get a connection in the house at all, during our stay of ten days. It is just a local problem though, as in Hythe I was able to connect. We had a great stay and the house ticked all the boxes, lots of bedrooms, free WiFi, very large table, big enough for our Xmas Day group of 11, washing machine and dryer, dishwasher.
Having stayed in holiday homes for the last 15 years we were so impressed with Meadow Lodge . Lovely safe garden , near to the beach , ideal for walking in the forest , Pub with a varied menu 500 yards away. Just a lovely house.
Dr G - Guildford